Chicken – 1 1/4 kg, skinned and cut into 8 pieces
Onion – 2 medium, finely sliced
Dried Red Chilli – 1
Salt as required
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 tsp
Vegetable Oil – 4 tbl sp
Potatoes – 3
Seedless Raisins – 1 tbl sp
Grind to a paste:
Garlic – 6 cloves
Fresh Ginger Root – 3/4 inch
Cinnamon Stick – 2 inch piece
1. Heat oil and fry onion till golden. Remove excess oil.
2. Add garlic-ginger paste and blend well. Cook 5 minutes, adding a little water if paste sticks to bottom of pan.
3. Add chicken, blend well and allow chicken to brown nicely on all sides for about 10 minutes.
4. Add cinnamon stick, whole red chilli and 1 1/4 tsp salt. Mix well.
5. Add 3/4 cup warm water, bring to the boil and simmer, covered, till chicken is tender and 1/2 cup gravy remains. Add more water if necessary.
6. Add milk and sugar and allow to boil, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes till some of the milk has dried away and the gravy is thick.
7. Peel potatoes and cut them into tiny squares. Pour oil in frying pan.
8. Heat to medium hot and fry potatoes in it till crisp and golden.
9. Remove and set aside. Sprinkle wth salt.
10. Fry seedless raisins for 1 minute in same oil and remove.
11. Place chicken with gravy in serving dish and sprinkle with potatoes and seedless raisins.